Sunday, February 26, 2006

Happy Days

This is from Patchwork & Quilting Volume 13 Number 7

This is the picture that is given in the book:



In choosing my fabrics for the 9 squares I have selected 9 centre fabrics that are my favourites and then framed them with suitable scraps for their borders.

I have kept the same fabrics for the 2" squares the whole way through to keep some consistency and will hopefully also use that fabric for the binding. I will call the shop I bought it from tomorrow to see if they hopefully have some left.

I won't be adding the border that they have either. I will just have the squares and then the binding.

Saturday 25th February
Today I spent about 4 hours doing the following three blocks. This time includes gathering all the fabric together and then doing the cutting and sewing required for all three blocks.



Sunday 26th February
Today I spent around 3 hours cutting and piecing the following three blocks.


Now I just have 3 more blocks, layering and binding to complete.....

Friday 3rd March

I have now completed a further two squares...

One more to go and then to join them all together which I hope to do by the end of this weekend :0)

Saturday 4th March

I finished the last square today.

And I also joined them all together....

This is the fabric that I also bought today that I thought I could use for the binding.

I'm not sure if it's going to work..... The fabric that I want for the binding isn't available in Australia at the moment so I will hang out till the last moment for that before I bind this quilt.

I will hopefully have time to layer it all together tomorrow.

Love k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home